Build Your Personal Brand
Having a strong personal brand helps you stand out in a crowd. It can help you gain new and better clients, so you do better in your current job. And it gets you noticed when you're looking for a promotion or a new job. In today's job marketplace, getting noticed is something that usually happens online. Employers use the web to check out job applicants, and they're increasingly likely to skip over those who don't have much of an online footprint. That's why it's so important for job applicants to have a strong and consistent web presence, one that announces and reinforces their own personal brand. Social media sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ can all be used to promote your personal brand.
But building a personal brand is about more than just online self-promotion. Building your brand is a continuous process. It involves gaining new experiences, new knowledge and skills, expanding your circle of relationships, and increasing the value that you bring to every work project and business relationship.
Included with your course is a six-month complimentary subscription to Fast Company. Your subscription will start with the current issue. Fast Company publishes 6 issues a year.
- IACET CEUs: 0.3
- HRCI Credits: 3
- SHRM PDCs: 3
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Real-world case studies
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
- Explore how to get started building a personal brand
- Consider how to make improve your personal brand
- Learn how to practice authenticity in the workplace
- Differentiate ways to maintain authenticity when self-branding
- Consider ways to build a great reputation
- Explore strategies for fixing a bad reputation
- Create an influential presence in the workplace
- Develop and maintain a healthy amount of self-confidence